At Davis and Co Property Lawyers we hope that you never have to complain about the service you have received from us because the foundations of our business are built on the principles of excellent customer services. However, we recognise that sometimes a complaint is unavoidable if clients feel that our service levels have fallen short of their expectations. Whatever the situation, if you have any complaint about the way in which your matter has been dealt with please contact us as soon as possible so that we can put matters right for you.

What is a complaint?

A complaint is an oral or written expression of dissatisfaction which alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss, distress, inconvenience, or detriment.

What should I do if I have a complaint?

In the first instance you should contact the person who handled your file as soon as possible preferably by email or post and outlining the full details of your complaint.  We aim to resolve any complaint you have about the service we have given you as quickly as possible. If you are unable to sort things out with the person who handled your file please contact Rose Davis, Managing Director Davis and Co Property Lawyers Ltd (  and she will look into the complaint for you. If your complaint is about Rose Davis and you have been unable to resolve the complaint with her please let her know in writing and she will ask Lezley Newing Office Manager at Davis and Co Property Lawyers ( to look into your complaint for her.

What happens once you have received the complaint?

Once we have received your complaint, Rose Davis will write to you within 7 days to explain how your complaint will be investigated if a complete response to your complaint has not been made by that time. You will be told the latest date by which a complete answer will be given to your complaint (this should be not more than 28 days after we received your complaint). If you have made the complaint verbally – either at a meeting or on the telephone – we will set out in our full response our understanding of the nature of your complaint

The assessment of the complaint will be based upon a sufficient and fair investigation. We will explain in writing our findings and where the complaint is upheld will offer remedial action or redress. This will be actioned promptly.

What happens if I am not happy with the outcome of the complaint?

If you are dissatisfied with the way your complaint is handled please let Rose Davis know in writing and she will ask Lezley Newing to conduct a separate review of your complaint for her. You will be told about the conclusion of this review within 28 days.

If after following the review process you remain dissatisfied with any aspect of our handling of your complaint, you may contact directly the Legal Ombudsman to ask them to consider the complaint further: Tel no: 0300 555 0333 mailto:Website: Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806. Wolverhampton WV1 9WJ

Unless it agrees there are good reasons not to do so, the Legal Ombudsman will expect you to allow us to consider and respond to your complaint in accordance with the procedure set out above in the first instance. You can refer your complaint up to 6 months after you have received our final written response to your complaint. You can also use the Ombudsman service if we have not resolved your complaint within 8 weeks of us receiving it. A complaint can be referred to the Legal Ombudsman up to six years from the date of the act or omission or up to 3 years after discovering a problem. The ombudsman deals with service-related complaints; any conduct-related complaints will be referred to the Council for Licensed Conveyancers.

We need to make you aware that there are other organisations who offer Alternative Dispute Resolution as an alternative to going through the complaints process however this firm does not subscribe to any such process.

If you make a valid claim against us for a loss arising out of work for which we are legally responsible, and we are unable to meet our liability in full, you may be entitled to claim from the Compensation Fund administered by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers